Sunday, August 31, 2008

Soltitude

The last one week starting from the 17th has been a weird phase... Its been an extended phase of silence which turned into solitude.. What has happened has happened and there is no point in crying over spilt milk.. I wouldn't say I am happy being alone, but I am not sad either... I have this funny feeling that I am enjoying this phase...

Being alone is not always bad... Its good in fact... All of us are social animals and we need to interact with people during the course of time... There is no man or woman in this wide world who can probably raise his/ her hand in the air and say "Yes! I can be alone for the rest of my life". If you hear someone saying this trust me they're lying...!

You cannot be completely independent or dependent. but the degree of inter-dependence or independence varies from person to person... In the due course of time we learn to deal with this...

I am going this transition right now... Something really unexpected happened 2weeks back and the result of that incident is me being alone...

No! I am not complaining about me being "lonely"! Trust me I've never been happier all my life... It was tough in the beginning, it's very easy typing it out now, but I was a complete wreck for the first few days.... But I learnt to accept it... I am not sad anymore... I am content with my life...
I know that the reins of my life are in my hands and not in the hands of people whom I met yesterday... I am the master of my destiny and depending on other people to make it better would only make things worse for me...In the process of dependency what I would be losing is my individuality and the concept of "self".

What I realized in the l4 days are:
1) Being alone is not the end of the world..
2) Everybody has a purpose, it is upto you to find out the purpose. Being alone gives you a reason to be yourself...
3) Makes you realize the concept of "Self"! You are the center of your universe...
4) there is no constant in your life.. The only constants are those people who've known you all your life; like your parents, siblings and your closest friends. The rest are all variables... The values change, but variables remain variables.
5) You are what you think you are... And the desicions you make will affect you and only you...

Finally its all about "YOU"


Disclaimer: My fundas on philosophy are not meant for public use.. If you intend to use it, use it at your own discretion...

Cheers :)

1 comment:

Vedha said...

Supri should see this... this sounds a lot like her writing!!!