Sunday, September 21, 2008

Enna Koduma Saar Idhu!!! :(

I have this strange fetish when it comes to babies, kids and children in general... I cannot resist pulling their cheeks or blowing a flying kiss to them or make funny faces, smile at them everytime I see one..! I have a weird ability to attaract kids.. No! Am not one those poochandis aka scary people :P, am quite a nice person... I even baby-talk to them sometimes much to the embarrassment of my friends.. Today was no different. I saw this reallyy cute looking 3-yr-old standing in front us in the queue, me being my usual self, smiled at the kid and did all of the above.. What happened today was unexpected... This kiddo's mom was like "Aunty ku Hi sollu!" I was shocked!!! I could hear the echo aunty all over the place (remember the old Godrej hair dye ad??... Where a guy calls a lady Aunty and she goes like Aunty.. Aunty.. Aunty...!!) I had this What-the-fuck-did-you-call-me just now look!!! The kid was ismyling at me and said "Hi Aunty" *thud thud thud*....
Let me ask you a simple question: Just because I was wearing a Salwar with a bindi, does it make me an aunty???.... I call people who are of my Mom's age aunty and a few of them akka! And this stupid kid was calling me Aunty...
Is it the changing Indian demographics or the influence of western culture!!! Ok! if you decide to call me Aunty what will you call a 40yr old lady trying to fit into a jeans which is 2-sizes smaller?? "Didi"?? And a lady, ok let me call her "paati" or "maami" who is 70yrs old "Aunty"?!!! Ungaluku manasakhi nu onnume kadayadha?? :( (I am in no mood to do the English translation!) Lets do some quants here (I suck at numbers), considering the fact that the mom might be say 27, you call people of her age, people -2 yrs, and 27+ x(x, can be any variable from 1-100). I think we should come up with a rule that people above the age of 25 should be called aunty.. Lets make it 30!!
Am not anti-modern dressing.. But isn't the age of a person obvious the very first time you see him/ her??.. How can you people be soo unfair...
Next time I walk out of my house I'll make it a point to dress up like a 13-yr-old, maybe I'll be called something else then! Hmphhh... :( Maybe we guys should take a leaf out of the foreigners book and call people by their last-names, this will not have the personal touch, but atleast saves people from embarrassing themselves in public... Or maybe I should stop smiling at kids!! Whatever.. !!!!
Enna koduma saar idhu!!! :(

3 comments:

munchkin said...

he he!! :D
did u need that embarrassment for urself :D and one more thing u referred the kid as stupid in the second half?? :P

pavam kozhandai :P pavam nee :P

ok aunty ji nice blog!!:D

Archana said...

hehehehe hilarious!!!! i can imagine ur reactions :D poor u!!! it happens many a times but beware gal if ur dressing lik 13yr old kid :P damn cute blog AUNTY!!!!

Motormouth said...

What to do... Bleedy kids I say... I am taking a leaf out of Shriya Saran's book... I'll wear a pink color frock :P Azhagiya Tamzih Magan style... ;) Thanks for the comment on my blog.. and naa aunty ille... :((