Sunday, December 21, 2008

End of Semester

YaaaaaY! Four months of college: first semester is 'officially' over. Tracking down the changes from: September'08- December'08.
Then: September-08; Now: Decemeber-08.
Start-up:
Then: Wake up at 5.30, when the alarm goes off for the first time. Brush, bathe, stand in front of the cupboard for solid 10mins deciding on what to wear. Stare at the mirror for another 10mins, adjusting the kajal. Basically get dressed. Pack lunch ad breakfast. Read newspaper (Chennai Times or Hindu-Metroplus). Walk to the bus-stop with newspaper in hand. Reach the stop, 15mins before the bus arrives.
Now: Wake up at 6.15,(not realising when the alarm went off, and the human alarm clock read, mom: screams for the n-th time) run into the bathroom with toothbrush in one hand towel in the other. I've practically mastered the Mr.Bean Act. Pick the dress on top of the dress-rack, stick the contact lenses on. Throw lunch and breakfast into the bag, run down the stairs, half-run-half-jog to the bus-stop, with a big-black something riding on my back. Reach the stopping at 6.59, pray that the bus should arrive after me.

Buscapades:
Then: Get into the bus; look around for the window seat, settle down with headphones plugged in and a book in place. Stick my head out of the window: gape at OMR and ECR, like I've never seen them before. Or read the newspaper and act all snobbish.
Now: Run into the bus; look at the nearest seat available, gasp for breath, flop on the only seat available, even if its near the driver's seat. Open the material for the day. Close eyes and doze off.

Classroom:
Then: Collect the newspaper, look at the last page for entertainment news. It took me 4-months to realise that Business Line does not carry entertainment news. Eat breakfast; dig into others boxes as well. Listen to the class; take down notes 'diligently' (I try to Ok?). Answer in class. Act smart.
Now: Grab the newspaper, toss it under the desk, and open the text-book. Read-read and more-read, cram as much as I can in 15mins. In some worst cases, ask Praseela, Inniki test irruka?!Gulp oats. Pray that the test should get cancelled, or that the submission date for the assignment or article should be extended. Try listening to the class, keep my head from falling onto the desk. Pinch myself now and then to bring me back from sleep. (Me sleeping in class can be a post in itself).

Attendance: This is something, am very ashamed of. My attendance percentage for the semester reads: 90% and this is disgusting! For somebody who hates college, a 90% is like a slap on my face..! My attendance in MOP never went beyond, 79.5%-to-79.9%, and rarely beyond that 80% mark. I don't know. There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with me!

Home:
Then: Come back home at 5.00. Wobble around the place. Gossip with Mom. Read BL, mark-articles, file them. Study (at least try to). Help mom in cooking. Finish work. Have dinner aram-se. Sleep at 11.00.
Now: Come back at 5.00. Throw the BL onto the paper-rack or in some cases on the floor. Scream at everybody at home. When mom asks "dinner?" I vigorously nod my head. Crib about professors, homework, tests, and assignments. Open books, crash on them and wake up to realise you have work pending!

Higher order species in college say, "this is just the tip of the iceberg" with a chuckle in their voice.
.... The vicious cycle continues....
And.. Fountainhead, stands unread from page 100.

6 comments:

Vedha said...

Muahahahaha... ayyo pavam. I'm sending this link to all MBA aspirants... after all, I am a well-wisher!

All the very best for further improvements next semester!

Supraja said...

well m am made to reconsider my decision of doing my MBA...
@vedha- keep remindin me of this post at regular intervals before i land my ass into some mess like this!!

Aishwarya said...

heyi... cool... matches a lot with me... the same MOP and the same SSN... its ok darlin...i understand... great post though...

Vedha said...

@Supri: Why fear when I am here!!

sowmya.k said...

i loved the honest part of WOBBLING!!!

grt read!! this one's my fav!

Sowmiya said...

ha ha ha ha...... can't stop lafing.. all of us have same probs. good one... wenever i feel like lafing i'll read this one man....