Wednesday, June 24, 2009

After the 23rd

Anna Univ Round 2 is finally over! I've put it all behind me now. Only a hattrick of 44 pages remains etched in my memory :D. It will continue to be there until I pass out of this place.. Looking back at the exams, they haven't been really good, nor have they been awfully bad, except for finance.. **fingers crossed** . That's that about the exams. Don't really want to do a post-mortem of it and complicate things for me. The paper is submitted; now its upto Anna Univ Paper Corrector Uncle to make sense or no-sense out of it. It's his job to meander through the blak and blue text and block digrams. Good Luck Unkil! I will pray for you :D

I hope the ink, sweat and finger pain yeilds good results. Until then..

From the beginning of June until 9.45 yesterday morning, I had only one thing in mind- study for the exams. No matter how much you plan, nothing really works out. To put it in Gitu terms "Only the study during God given 2hrs works the best!"
In the process I have been postponing several things. If anybody asked me anything, I had a standard answer, after the 23rd. Hence the title.

The holidays are here finally and it feels really good! I’ve been looking forward to these holidays for almost a year now. No more waking up at 5.30, running to the bus stop. Bus chases will be put on hold for a while. Now, it’s time for some me time. Internship starts off in a week, the work they’ve offered me is something I really enjoy doing. After a very long time I’m bubbling with ideas, mind-space is really crammed. All in the positive sense of course.

Am back to being, the crazy-loony-bubbly me. Yesterday, I was on the phone for 4hrs straight. What’s the big deal you may ask? It’s a big because I haven’t yapped on the phone for a while now. It’s such a liberating feeling just to hold onto the device, yap, yap and more yap about God-knows-what. Setting the wires burning can be real fun, I tell you! :)

Yeah, so coming back to the point: The Restless Me, has come up with a lot of activities to keep me occupied. I’ve been planning a lot of things for a while, but never really put them to action, thanks to the lack of time. I have time to kill now. I’m looking forward to spending it usefully and thoroughly enjoying myself at the same time.

So, this is what I intend to do for the next one month.

There is a huge collection of e-books on my system. I downloaded them at different points. Lots of books; management, (auto)biographies, fiction, non-fiction. Also some really random books. To be very frank, I would have read max 2-3 books from the whole collection. One of them being a third grade chick-lit: “How Opel Mehta Got Kissed got Wild and got a Life”. Disgusting I know! Pri warned me saying, it’s not my kind of book. Now I agree with her. Seriously pri, - that was one was a crappy book! This time I’m going to read some real good stuff. Anything but chick-lit. On a very serious not- I really miss reading for pleasure. The simple joy of holding a book, flipping through the pages and add to that the aroma of coffee; you’ve had me!

I bought a hard disk sometime back. I bought it for the sole purpose of movie-collection. It has served the purpose to an extent. It has some 65 movies - Tamil, English, Hindi and even a couple of golt flicks are a part of the collection! I can give no assurance that I will watch all of them, I’ll try my best to watch atleast half of them. Another means of timepass.

I have to go back to paatu-class. The last time I saw my teacher was sometime in Jan, before Anna Univ Round-1. Told her I’ll come back after two weeks. I haven’t gone there in 6 months. That way I can get back to singing.

I haven’t been to any class in a long long time, except for CAT class. (Are they classes?). Neesu has suggested that we join Power-Yoga classes. Don’t know what it means; or what they teach. But it sounds like fun. Giving it a second thought, it sounds like- yoga with some extra zing. Customised to suit the growing needs :D Marketing Ka effect! My suggestion was belly-dancing. It sounds exotic. Unfortunately, the idea has been shunned by many. Reactions received range from “Are you mad?, “Yeh bakwas idea tumhe kisne diya”, “What dancing o_O?”. I’ve actually given up now. I think it’s going to be only power yoga,

Next on the agenda is, doing something all by myself. Develop a hobby. I used to collect stamps for a while, moved to making scrapbooks. Now, off late I’ve become absolutely hobby-less. If you say blogging- yes, maybe. It’s a nice way to vent out the emotions. Quoting my Production Prof; develop something that you can do all by yourself. Blogging is one thing. Glass-painting and pot painting is another. Learnt it a couple of years back at MOP, never put it to use. I think the only thing MOP dint teach us was- ‘A Course on- How to pataofy guys’. Otherwise there is always Anchor’s Stitch kit. :) - Talking about hobbies, I’ve heard people say mountain climbing, water sports et al. I was actually wondering if I could do any of these. When I am scared of walking through mounds in my college, I don’t know if I’ll actually do something like “mountain climbing”!

Cooking has been an area of interest for quite some time. I have plans of doing kitchen experiments online. Let’s see how far it goes. Was discussing possible names with Sowmie yesterday.

I have to brush up on my driving. My car is majorly inviting. Before my dad decides to buy a new one, I plan to learn the old one. Talking about driving, I need to reapply for a license. I lost it two years back in a crowded 29C. I’ve survived on a laminated photocopy until date. It’s high time I get it done.

Go on a vacation. Neesu has been suggesting for a long time, that we’d go to Coorg- Inspiration: Pri. There have been direct hints that we three of us (Soms-Neesu-Sandy) should take some time out and have fun! Talks about trekking filled the air, and I quickly dismissed it :P

Learn a sport. Haha! I know. I really envy these folks who can play multiple sports. Good Idea, keeps extra flab at bay. But, what to do- I am a sport averse. Basketball in class 6 or 7 is the only sporting action I have been a part of. Is throwing back stray balls at the kids in the beach is a sport?

My internship needs to be taken care of. I have to work towards building a really effective system for the company. Its marketing and I love the subject, really looking forward to it. Moreover, this will be a good learning experience. This way I can also get some hands on experience. Also adds value. The AGM thinks am way too intelligent! Would anybody like to enlighten him on that?

Apart from all this, I have to start studying for some Probationary Officer exam. Symbiosis learning materials have arrived. Therefore study also starts off. It’s not enjoying alone.

All said – The most important agenda of all is: Clean my room. It looks like war savaged zone. If you ask me to describe it, I’d say “Paper paper everywhere, not a place to sit”. The Business Line(s) of the last 4 months have to be thrown off. My books have to go to their respective places. If they have any that is. Stray sheets of papers and assignment sheets, case studies lie unsolved. Sometimes I’m engulfed in guilt just by looking at the pristine white A4 sheets. Even otherwise, my room needs a makeover. I can even do a bit of re-doing my house, as in, arranging things, hanging a few things here and there. Make it a bit more presentable.

With this, am all set to welcome my days of Hindu paper reading- filter kaapi drinking- super food eating days!! Did I miss out something? I think; I did miss out Taach-Thoongi sessions lined up :)

Cheers :)

PS: On a very random and unrelated note. I think I have an embedded alarm clock in my body. I woke up at sharp 6 today morning. *hmph*


2 comments:

Vedha said...

who is giving me the best odds? 2 things from the list will be done properly is my bet!

PS: i need to make a visit. Saturday? Sunday? And yeah, i am bringing a pen drive wen i come.. for the golt/tamil/english movies :P

and peeeppl.. note this point. there is NOTHING abt catching up/meeting up with friends in this incredibly long post!

Sandhya said...

Vedha! hanging out goes without saying di.. :P I'll try to finish atleast 4 of the above mention activities :D I'll give the photographic proof :P