Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The People

Like I mentioned in the previous post, I strongly believe that it is the people component that keeps me going. I associate myself with people whom I get along with. I have realised one very important aspect of me in the course of time is- I'm not mass marketing material. Mass marketing as in- I'm not your super friendly girl who gossips with everybody. In a class of 60, I talk to say 30 of them and that's that. Of this, I'm very close to 4, good friends with around 6, Hi hello buddies with 20. And to the rest of the class- I don't exist and vice versa. I don't see mass marketing as a vehicle to instant stardom in the class or any place for that matter. I'm very choosy about whom I speak to and hang out with. I agree that I lose out on a lot of support- but I like it this way. I like keeping myself to myself. The reticent attitude gets passed off as "she's got some major attitude". I've become quite obdurate to these comments. Here's my thanksgiving to the bunch of people who've made my stay memorable. This comes in no particular order.

The tooth fairy- the first person I got in touch with before joining the class. Until then she was the dell laptop girl. She exudes what is called- girl's college exuberance! I'm sure the co-ed folks would never be able to appreciate this inert quality. Smiles 24x7, and makes sure you do the same. The apt example of mass marketing; I still wonder how she manages to pull it off. Gitu is synonymous with all things nice. I'm not ashamed to call her my alter-ego. She knows exactly what's in my head with one look at my face. We've gone window shopping, line marofying, hogging, watching movies in the hostel, or just sleeping when the classes get awfully boring! Fellow enthu-pattani, entrepreneur and co-partner of SoMCA stores. Calling her a super talented girl would undermine her ability- does things her way; aka Gitu way! :) If you guys ever want somebody to participate in any hartal, get in touch with her. She'll be more than happy to squat :P what say? ;) Girlie, you know what? "Macha chill, it's ok" works wonders! Lowes di :)

The Thanga Padakkam (Gold Medal), we're not discussing that old tamil movie. We're discussing this sincere girlie. Simple, level headed and very clear about what she wants to do. I'm in awe of her determination to make it big and she takes everything seriously. Nothing ever bogs down. I love pulling her legs, calling her names and the best of all is irritating her. Prasee means different things to different people. If you don't know her- you'd probably think she's one major padips, very serious and has no sense of humor. Only when you start talking to her, you get to see the reality. I think this image is a manifestation of her workaholic attitude- poor thing ends up doing the work of all her other teamies and takes unwanted tension to her head. Loves poking fun at me and vice versa. Wakes me up when I'm fast asleep in the middle of a lecture. She is the Finance Titan :P The ONLY one in the whole group who'd finish a portfolio management assignment :P (Now you know how vetti she is :P) Can't swear for the life of hers. I've tried my best to impart a few swear words into her pure as platinum brain. It fell flat :P Prashee? What's your Rasheee ? :D She calls for product differentiation.

Sowmi- Has more degrees that Kumbakonam Degree coffee :D. Padips, na padips semma padips! Blink blink! Thankfully, the padips nature isn't her only profile. She's got a fun part too. She'll give you these survival tips to wade through Anna University exams, or how to escape from SPAM class. Beauty tips, sleeping tips. Semma talented, sings like an angel. (Pay me 100bucks for this manasakshiye illada compliment :P). Kareena Kapoor would be dethroned from her size zero status if she gets to see this 0.5 lead! She's what you call the so-called senior. The timepass, the unlimited phone calls- we're the biggest contributors to Vodafone's Top line. She finance, I marketing- opposite poles. Super cook, will do anything to feed you when you are hungry! Be it at her place or in college. One sms would do- Sowmi, bring something to eat ok? And she'll get you awesome roti and cauliflower subzi with lots of love! I can go on endlessly! I'm indebted to this girl for being there at the right time. Bless you di!! Lets start a korathi shop ok??:P

In every organization you look for people who share the same vision and mission statement as yours. She's the one who nicked me "Masakali", much to Prasee's annoyance. ( Unna poi samadana pura nu kupadrale :P) Thinks I'm as free spirited as the bird itself. Another product of the product differentiation factory. Knows me inside out, somebody who understands me and my quirks and puts up with my incessant mood swings. One the first friends I made in this class and I love her attitude towards life. She'd make a great scribe- SoMCA's free journalist. She publishes whatever happens in college on her blog. Fellow MOPian, who shares the enthu pattani tag. Makes a super HR, pet of all the teachers :P epdi di?! She's the exact opposite of what I stand for :) Raji- You are simply superb di :D

Buggie!! :P Narcissism will have to rechristen itself Swaroopa in a while :P You should see her pictures man! Wonder how she manages to give those beautiful poses.. have camera will pose syndrome wali ladki. Shares this loose character streak of mine. Me+Gee+Roo= Sure hell :P She compensates for the lazy bum attitude of me and gee! Together we've come up with wacky tags for profs. Very very sincere sigamani version 2.0! SoMCA stores, lays hogging, vetti scene pottufying. Lowes presenting - roo makes ppts, sandy gives ideas! Girlie- the classes would've been such a bore without you around. We come up with amazing business plans and other allied plans .. Roo remember ;)?



Thank you lovely ladies for being there for me! :)
Lowes
Sandy :)


8 comments:

Meow said...

That was unexpected and sweet da :) thank yo soooo much and honored :)
wat-ay surprise here omg!!!!!!!!

Meow said...

Yes!! We've to start a korathi shop soon :O

Arv said...

kewl crew u got there :)

and yeah... we dont need mass marketing :) ask my close mates, and they will say that too :)

take care da...

cheers...

ki said...

Aww :)

I'd be lucky to have a friend like you :)

Praseela Nair said...

I am very much honoured di!! Yedho en peru idhigasathula padhiyalanalum un post la padhinjuduchu...Happy happy..Read it in awe..Thanks di

Maddy said...

Came thro another blog, but realized Meow ^& praseela are your best pals. Wishing you all a wonderful friendship.

Deeps said...

very sweet tribute to friendship!

vEnKy said...

"sowmi 0.5 lead" hahaha. Atleast you talk to 20 people i dont even do that.