Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Ppt's will go on...

A year and a half back, when I walked into the class of 59; I had no idea, I'd become a part of the class which was already set in moulds. I was very apprehensive I would ever be able to break that mould and become one among these people. I was 15days late, and had already lost out on the competitive advantage of making friends. And thus, the journey started...


This period has been a mélange of -Fights, gossips, seminars, case studies, midterms, end-terms, sleeping sessions, movies, masti, Daksha, ppts, stores, photos and a lot more... It's all over now! Saturday, Nov-7th 2009, signaled the end of my classroom sessions in a long time to come. At this juncture, I would like to reminisce on all the good things that this place called SSN SoMCA has had to offer.


MBA has been a different ballgame all together. To be very honest, I've never loved any of my courses as much as I enjoyed this one.A course where amazing Profs imparted knowledge. Every Prof has contributed to the culmination of what's called an MBA. Each one of them is special- sparing a few. The group sessions- where we really worked, played and fooled around. I've learnt a lot more than what the course has had to offer.


There were different people with different facets. I have learnt to take these people in my stride. By not looking beyond the façade, accepting them as they are, and most importantly not subjecting people to my "multi-filter" elimination technique. The gossip sessions have been very cathartic. The best ones (10%), good ones(40%), bad ones(15%), some rotten (15%) and others beyond redemption(20%).


The Classes- I got back to being my usual self, something that I discarded back in class 11; answering in the class. I knew at the back of my mind, that this will be my last leg of academics in a long time to come, and I was determined to make the most of now offer. I answered like there was no tomorrow. I wouldn't care a rat-ass if people thought I was a geek. I took down notes, absorbed what the Wise Old Men of Management had to offer. It has done a world of good!


The Placement Brochure- Lovely stuff! Quoting Kumar Sir, I'd call it "Intelligent bull-work" :P LOL! Me, gee and roo were in charge of the placement brochure, and I came up with content. The document went through some half a dozen filters, and only 2 corrections were made. The final content was the same as what I had initially submitted. This is my first published work! Any company which decides to visit my college will have to read through the "real" stuff written by me! YaaaY!


The SoMCA Stores: A lot has been written about it already. But there was this lump in the throat moment; My sales Mgt Prof wanted muruku and there were none at the stores. I told him , we're not in charges any more, ask the juniors. He looks at me and says “You will always be the stores girls for me". The stores were the bestest things about the college, and a lot of people associate me with the stores. The juniors gave me the "3-roses award" for waking up people, whilst the profs put them to sleep :P


The Vanishing Lunch Box syndrome: I've never seen people lap up food faster than this. Open the dubba, look around, and it's over in minutes :P People seem to love my mom's curd rice too :D It doesn't matter what your bring, there is always somebody to finish it up.


My blog has become some Celeb blog types only! The blog has somehow become my brand identity (if only something like that exists). I love writing and I’m amazed by the kind of popularity it has garnered. Thank you folks! What’s surprising is- why pick my blog when people like Raji, Prasee, and Gitu write better stuff? I’m a great fan of their blogs J


The tests and the cases- LOL! There were so many of them that I’ve literally lost count. But they’ve been real good learning experiences. You learn to be the Driver, the passenger and the nonexistent one with equal ease.


These 1.5yrs have changed a lot of facets in me. I have changed for the better, yet keeping intact the real me. J The credit for this goes out to a bunch of people- and it would be unfair if I just wrote a few lines about them. I'll thank them in a separate post!

And… the ppt’s shall continue! :P

9 comments:

How Do said...

hey.. this is such a sweet post!! yes, PG does do that to ppl!

gitanjali.j said...

Awww :) same here sandy !! Here's to us 'grown ups'..(even though it makes us seem awfully aged)cuz this place sure taught me a lot more abt life than any place else! :P

Meow said...

sooper post :)

stores gal, 3 roses award, wah re wah... sooper :) loved it.. and miss my kutty thatha, kumar sir, rajan sir soooooooo much :(

ki said...

aww! that's adorable :D

vsk said...

Great post, Sandhya. Took me back all the way to 1972 when I took my PG Dip in Management after a fantastic two-year roller coaster ride.

kumar

Praseela Nair said...

Hey sandy,I suggest You could this sales experience to your resume..you stand a high chance of getting a job LOL!

Vedha said...

:-) wow...you actually love SSN...unlike MOP :P

Deeps said...

The memories will stay on...FOREVER
thanks to such a truly wonderful blog!

vEnKy said...

My college life is gonna end in a few. Life has danced to my tunes now and i have to dance to its tunes from now on