Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shootout by Placement-wala


Search Engine, HR Company, FMCG, Chintu Candy, and then a Bank—All of them have one thing in common. I clear every round, and then gingerly walk into the final selection round, and they screw me. Shoot arbit questions, and except equally arbit answers. Sounds like a decent deal? Yeah! No matter how well I answer or retort back the verdict remains the same. Thanks but no thanks! Did I forget something? – There was an IT company which happily eliminated me in Round-1, Thank you folks.


The final count is 6 shootouts in a row; if you include Cola then its 7. I got placed in the Cola Company, and it fizzled out.

Job hunting is – depressing? Not wait, let’s not demonize it, we’ll call it disappointing and disheartening. Positive thinking, pep talks to self, bitching, clearing the head, the best friends pat on your back, and fellow junta who say – this too shall pass, works to an extent; but somewhere deep down inside it gets to you. What If — is a scary term. :-/

All is not dead. Legend says – those who persevere will be rewarded. I still have another 5 months to go. But being un-placed for 45 days makes you a little jittery. There is still a little trump card; it’s a little too early to talk about.

So near yet so far…

I need Hobbes! A life size stuffed tiger, Height 5.3 inches, preferably cuddly. I know it sounds like I’m on my way to Nuts-ville; courtesy a friend. But it would be great to have an imaginary friend- crap, yap, crib, do whatever I want :D

You can courier the toy tiger. And remember the birthday is coming up in another 3 months (yeah, I counted the days).

**You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.**
So innocent, yet so poignant. I know what it feels like!

9 comments:

Meow said...

45 days ke ipdiya??? Definitely you should get placed very soon otherwise you'll go mad which I am sure....

Shas said...

I wish i could send Hobbes to you anyways here's a hug for you.
Cheer up. I know its hard to smile when things aren't so favourable.
All the best!!

vEnKy said...

hey 45 days is nothing many wait for 45 months so chill.

Praseela Nair said...

Hey adi paavi..Its almost like i voiced it. But your version is pretty nice..well written di..Am i your fellow junta who says " This too shall pass" ? overaa irukka..Anyways all the best di..:)

sawan said...

sandy, its better to wait and get into the right firm rather than dishearten urself and join a random firm. so wait, market looks good. positivity always help while facing interviews. smile and be confident. ull get ur dream job soon.

Anantharaman said...

nooooo comments for nowwwwwwwwwww..comments reserved

Vedha said...

Well...expect :) you've said except. Your tiredness shows.

But Sandy, might sound like too much gyaan, but you should probably sit down and introspect what went wrong in every interview. You need not share it with anybody else, but do this exercise for yourself. That should do a world of good.

Arv said...

hang in there... until then, we will listen :)

Roo said...

Hey sandy ! i can be ur hobbes wen u need ! hows de idea ?? u can yap, crib, hug, n smile :)