Saturday, June 26, 2010

Holding On...

In life, you don't ask for trouble, it simply follows you. When the worst things in life happen, there are moments when you want to withdraw into a shell, and wished that the earth swallowed you right there. Well, it never happens, if you are meant to go through the worst you will. Right then somebody interrupts your trail of thoughts. They stick on through good times, and adversities alike.


One month of working and I have come to realise how mighty important these people are. Going by the chatterbox image of mine, I have spoken to like everybody in my training team, and a lot of other arbit people. What struck me is; I can talk, crack jokes, discuss business needs of companies and even the godforsaken stock market. But I am "ME" only with this bunch of people.


I'd be at a loss of words if you asked me to describe myself. If you know me, you don't need the life history, if you don't, figure it out if you feel like.' I can be what I want to be I actually am; because, they are the only ones;


è Who know that you are still shit scared of dogs, even when you pose with puppies, trying to ape that Raymond’s Ad.


è Who will walk all the way to the beach because you want to have “Mashoor Punjab Ki Kulfi”, and watch it drip with great joy.


è Who will call up from a training centre in another city to discuss the “cuties”.


è Who will not bitch about a certain somebody, but will listen to every damn thing you swear.


è Who wish you a genuine “all the best” while the rest of the world gives you lip service.


è Who still get a high out of window shopping at Spencer’s.


è Who will say, fruit shop on Greams Road is for school kids, yet the eyes light up when you read “Green Lime Soda” :P


è Who will say Coffee Day is overrated, but you still go there because you love chocolate fantasy!


è With whom you know you are safe when you go on a bike ride at 10.00 in the night.


è With whom you can sing the FIFA world cup anthem out of tune in the middle of a road and not feel ashamed about it.


è To whom you can proudly confess that “Washing Powder Nirma” I your alarm tune.


è With whom you share recipes that they may never prepare ;-)


è With whom you can crack jokes from dime to a dozen, and not worry about the lameness factor. Rest assured you will laugh at the very joke even after months of cracking it.


è The people who will never judge you.


è To whom you can cry out loud and laugh out loud with the greatest force.


è In whose homes you can sleep like a baby and right royally wake up for breakfast.


è Who are the ones reading this and laughing out. They know who they are :P


And I know for a fact that they'll be around forever! :-)


Loves!

7 comments:

Trails of a Traveler said...

Very interesting Sandhya. If I had not known much about you, except for vaguely remembering your face from the indoblogger meet, I know you well now.

I especially liked the last by one point.. hehehe.. I like the breakfast part.

Ram

spunkysaturnine said...

Yes we do know who we are :)

spunkysaturnine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spunkysaturnine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SK said...

oh ho mein toh senti ho gayi.... :)

vsk said...

Sandhya, at last it's happened to you. Who's it? Someone I know?

Love

kumar
2/7

gitanjali.j said...

I LAUGHED :D
how did I miss this post?!! :P
*Big Hug* again :P
Now Im thinking what you might ve missed :P
- Discussing the eerie 'M' word :P
- Analysing how guys who like dogs will make good life partners :P
- Ranbir Kapoor's gay-factor
oh there are just so may more! :P
But Ill finish with- the ones who will ask you- Ytf have you bulleted with a french alphabet, macha??!! :D