Sunday, August 22, 2010

Randomization Part-II



Another set of random trail of thoughts which don’t fall under any category.



I ate like a pig this weekend. I’ll list down the menu items to make you jealous; Pasta, Pongal, Pani-puri, Thenga-vella payasam, Semiya payasam, Paneer Paratha, Peanut butter dry fruits cookies, Chocolate cake, and finished it off with some real good Toblerone. The pariharam for the calorie overload would be – run on the treadmill for solid 60 mins tomorrow. Somebody should invent Zero Calorie Food, or just make sure we women never put on weight no matter what we eat.


A has come home for holidays; I was being the ever obedient pillion rider and his official sponsor. Today we went friend’s place hopping, while the A boy was happily chatting up with his friends; there was I staring into outer space wondering how I’d fit into the crowd of “college going kids”. The conversations weren’t Greek and Latin, they primarily revolved around the usual guy girl chit-chat, college stories, and the likes. This is when realisation struck – I’m growing old. Yes, it hit me pretty hard, and it is yet to sink in. I don’t see any grey strands, so I don’t need Godrej kesh kaala. Now I’m neither Ghar ka na ghaat ka!


I’m showing signs of obsessive compulsive disorder. It doesn’t sound scary, but it’s a lot like I have to have a bar of chocolate every week, paint my nails, I have chocolates in my bag. I have also become very obsessive about the way I look.


The size zero seems to be the fad everywhere. Even coffee bite wasn’t spared. It stands out as my favourite toffee and now looks like it’s on the way to become the size zero chocolate. It doesn’t taste the same either.


Ambassador cars should be taken off Indian roads. My office folks hired a stupid ambassador to drop me off home. Believe me a cyclist would move faster than that stupid vehicle. Wait on, I think I can run faster on the treadmill.


Vodafone loves sending me those “give balance to your friend texts” every other day. My dear Vodafone Employee, I’d like to inform you that, 9/10 times, I’m the one without any balance.


There is another new batch at work, and the trainees sit in my bay. So, the “I can’t keep my trap shut for more than 15mins girl,” starts talking to the newbies. I should learn to cut down on my talking to people, seriously. In the process of talking, I’ve become a gyaani guru of sorts, they come to me for advice on assignments, how to look for information, presentation etc. Little do they realise that I’m just another minion.


Facebook status updates piss me off to no end, and I mean it. Bloody how stupid can people be? I can’t fathom why a status has to be updated every 15mins.



I think I should pack off the cookies and cake, and pass it on to A. The sooner I get them out my line of sight the better it is for me. I don’t like panting like a dog on the treadmill, Promise.


Tomorrow is Monday, I have none of those “Oh my God, another Monday” feelings yet. Somebody tell me, am I ok?


I understand that it’s 11.30PM IST, and I better hit the sack.


Goodnight!

2 comments:

Shilpa Ramji said...

Yet another interesting post from sandy.....good job.....Sadly, I agree with u on Coffee Bite :( .....But, all I can tell u for now is "WUW" :P

gitanjali.j said...

OFC you re normal babe!! To get normal-er, just chant "ROLLU-POLLU"
LOL :D HAHAHA :D *evil grin*