Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rain Rain, Go Away.


Dear Rain,

At the outset, I must thank you for making your presence felt. You’ve done a great job of bringing down the temperatures, filling our dams with enough water so that we don’t have to crib about the lack of it  in the coming months  and also for giving us a great deal of respite from the sweltering heat Chennai is known for.   
On the flip side, you’ve  ruined our roads, disrupted traffic;  by making long journeys even longer, making public transport almost unusable and derailed our civilian lives.  

I wholeheartedly appreciate the dedication you’ve exhibited in performing the duties assigned. I must also mention that you’ve exceeded expectations. Thank you is too small a word to express my gratitude.
My dear Rain, don’t ever come to the conclusion that I don’t love you anymore, I still do, but I’m writing this to you because I don’t want any love to be lost between us.  At this juncture I must tell you, that too much of a good thing nullifies the goodness it was intended for. 

I hope you get what I’m saying. Back in school and college, even when you drizzled down, our principals were kind enough to declare a holiday. Now, even if you lash down on us, the corporate companies we represent will NOT declare a holiday, and even if they do, we will have to compensate for it on another day, when your downpour is at its best.

I agree that the best thing to do when you visit us is to sit by the window with a hot cup of coffee and a lovely book. All that is technically impossible because as much as I would love to admire you, sing, dance and all that, I must tell you that I have a job to attend to.

I sincerely hope you understand my predicament of going to work completely drenched. It doesn’t look and feel good.  My kindest request to you is, please stop what you are doing.  You can revisit us sometime in June, and we’ll welcome you with our arms wide open.

It’s high time you visited other parts of the country and wrecked havoc there.

Before I get way too violent, please let us live in peace.

Thanks & Regards,
S

PS: We’ll need your presence sometime in April or May again, you can visit us for a short while then.

3 comments:

gitanjali.j said...

And if you still feel like you MUST pour on us please do so ONLY on week days! This is the second consecutive weekend of mine that you ruined :(

Meow said...

Nice Letter to Rain... :) :) But I bunked my oppice today! :D

Suree said...

nice idea... did u get a reply ??? :P