Thursday, January 5, 2012

Guest Post - A Slice of Yours-Truly

Here's the first official post of 2012, turns out to be a guest post by a really good friend of mine. First things first, A! Thank you so much for this awesome post, I don't know if anybody would like to say something like this about me anytime soon. It's not everyday you come across people who you get along with like a house fire, especially when you contact each other on Gtalk and phone calls! =P AM, is my rockstar, soul-sister and lost twin from my previous birth. If you want to be best friends with her, invite her over and serve "Milk-Powder-Waali Chai" :P No more Kolaveri Ok?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Life can get pretty random in a lot of ways and more often than not, we spend our entire life figuring things out but here is a gal who takes all the randomness of life in her stride and is even able to laugh at it. That’s one quality I love about her.  She is let’s say (in her style) ‘S’.

When life gave ‘S’ lemons, here is what she did with them:

1.       She made lemonade, everyone does that!
2.       She threw some at her enemies.
3.       She grew some of her own.
4.       And after she was done drinking her lemonade, she sold it and made money and then invested it in enviable items! Haah, that’s ‘S’ for you!

And that’s why I call her my hero. She always manages to win both the ‘wins’ in the ‘win-win’ situation, metaphorically speaking! Since I have been asked to write for her blog, I assume, I am allowed to sound random.

Her blog is something that I envy coz firstly she regularly updates it. Secondly the content; time and again she writes about people she loves, hates, loves to annoy, hates to please and so on but what remains consistent is her ability to laugh at everything at the end of the day.

Many might know this about her but I find it remarkable that she is a Chennai-ite who eats her humble idli-sambhar and a pompous north Indian meal with equal gusto. She can even dish out some fancy sounding dishes and even though she hasn’t had (assuming here ;) ) these drinks, she can tell apart a bubbly from a soda. And yes, her taste in movies is as universal as the food she eats and love.

I might sound like I am writing a version of ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ for my dear friend. Well she is a bit like every girl yet a nomad in her own way who likes to think ambitious, do different things and things differently and yet, is reasonable in her choices so as to fit well in the society. You might be confused, lemme explain with an example. I mentioned she is ambitious, but now read this in reference with guys. I might not know everything about her life but by now I have gathered that she wants a Leonardo Di Caprio with a heart of Salman Khan, class and intelligence of James Bond but his name should sound something like that of a ‘South Indian’ or ‘Tam-Brahm’ guy so that her parents wouldn’t mind. And oh yes, he must sound either like Faisal Kapadia or Shafqat Amanat Ali! Phew, only if God took orders for customization! :P

Her choice might sound extravagant but trust me, she deserves it! She too has a lot to offer but is not the one to brag! Actually she is Ms. Know-it-all but will never show-it-all unless asked. But mind it, never ask coz once she begins, there is not stopping this word-express but of course, she aims to please! Right ‘S’? ;)

Well, I might not know her past or future but the best part about my friendship with her is that I have always known about her present, her today… and the little time we spend chatting, I guess it makes it up for the lost years of friendship and chatting. Actually now when I think of it, even if I had to know her from the time she was born, I would have lost only 2 or 3 years without her coz I learnt to speak only at the age of 2 or 3 but she used her entire vocabulary in the very first month after she was born so thankfully, I wouldn’t have lost much, or would I have lost my hearing by now? Who knows! Surprisingly the way we get along and the way we know each other, we didn’t actually take too much time, so both of us ponder over it even now as to how could it have been so easy and only if it was so easy to find a guy like that! Hai na ‘S’? :D

Well, all I know is that guys or no guys, we gals r here to stay with our chats and comedy that can set someone on fire :D

Rock on ‘S’!

 – A huge fan! :D

4 comments:

kumar said...

Terrific! The writer has said a lot about the Sandhya I know and has also let me in on some aspects that I didn't. On a more general note, I particularly like the writer's surprise at the variety & exuberance of Sandhya's living style, despite her Chennai upbringing.

Dear guest, keep writing. Preferably some of the Sandhya chat transcripts.

kumar
5/1

Ram said...

Good one..
How much did you pay your friend for this??? HAHAHAHA

Ram

Emm said...

I love the part about throwing lemons at your enemies...haha!

gitanjali said...

A- who are you?! :D
Awesome post though, lady! loved it, so nicely worded, terrific testimonial- fits Sandy to a T! Cheers :)