Sunday, December 30, 2012

Awesome Blogger & Liebster Blog Award – A Tag

Ever sat in front a new post template and wondered why words fail you when you just drafted something worth writing in your head? It happens to me way to often, that's why I sometimes resort to writing stuff on bits of papers and then completely forget about them.

But you know you can instantly cook up something when a friend tags you and adds an Awesome Blogger Award along with it =D Thanks, Gitanjali  for tagging me and for passing on an award!







So here are the rules:

1.If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
2.Then you answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you & make 11 questions for the people you are going to tag.
3. Tag 11 more Bloggers.
4. No tagging back.
5. Person you tag must have < 200 followers

And here we go:

11 facts about me:

Quite a task if you ask me, if you've been reading this space for long enough, you are well equipped to write my  mini-autobiography.
  1. I have immense faith in myself and over the years, I've learnt to face every adversity with a smile. I have matured as an individual. 
  2. Change in my opinion is inevitable and with every new opportunity that comes my way, I learn something new.
  3. I personally dislike, self conceited, self centered and people who take themselves too seriously.
  4. I try my best to keep my life and head as clutter free as possible, and every attempt at this makes my life a lot more complicated.
  5. I'm a self confessed control freak, I have to try and get to the end of every possible thing. I guess, this sums up my penchant for complicating and un-complicating things.
  6. Coffee, chocolates (dark chocolates preferably), conversations, books and people rule my life. Lipsticks and blushes are also included in this list. :P
  7. I'm very impatient and can be judgmental at times. Also, curiosity gets the better of me. 
  8. I'm not a very impulsive person, I think, re-think, re-re-think and finally executive what's in my head.
  9. I've been through a lot of shit this year, and thankfully emerged stronger.
  10. Chocolates and sleep are my ultimate comforters. 
  11. I hold a Phd in over-analysing, hyperventilating, not very proud of myself here.

11 questions Gitanjali wanted me to answer.

1. Blogging to me is - a medium of expressing my thoughts, no matter how silly or serious or inconsequential they are. It gives me the freedom to sound self-righteous and also tell the what I think is right. 


2. I recommend the following 3 blogs for you to read when you are free: There are a bunch of blogs that I read, each one of them have their own USPs. 

3. 5 songs on my play list. (Losing inspiration here) - It's ok Bum! Even I've lost inspiration here - I can't think beyond Kadal - by AR Rahman. The songs are truly addictive. Apart from this album, am addicted to You are my pumpkin pumpking, Hello, Honey Bunny. Ok, judge me :D

4. The last 5 books that I read were - Ok, this one is easy! - Kite Runner, Thousand Splendid Suns, To Kill A Mockingbird, Rozabal Line, Tamarind City and lots more!

5. The one movie that made me cry - Taare Zameen Par. I still have a feeling that am slightly dyslexic :P.

6. Some day, I will - Why this kolaveri di? Ok, someday, I will, quit my corporate job and take up teaching full time. 

7. Ten places i want to visit before- whatever - I have the same whatever feeling only. I'd like to explore India first - North-East would be a great place to start with, Kashmir, The Himalayan Region, Ok, I want to check out Goa as well. (Ok, I cheated :P)  

8. The one person who made a HUGE impact on my life would be? - I won't be cliched and say Amma. But I can't name just one person, it would be unfair, Ash Uncle, Charu Aunty, Kumar Sir. 

10. New year resolutions for 2013? - Learn to read and write Tamil, to be a more responsible individual, to bring a smile atleast to a couple of faces.

11. (finally!) One secret that nobody knows :P - Girl, it's supposed to be a secret no? :P 


Time for Tagging:

Now, it is time to ask questions =D

11 questions that you will have to answer:

1) What / who was your inspiration for blogging:
2) If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would that be:
3) What in your opinion, makes life worth living:
4) Given a choice between a high-flying corporate job and a job that makes you the happiest, which one would you choose:
5) Describe yourself in one word, ok that's tough, let's make it one sentence:
6) Now do the same thing for describing your blog: (yes, I lost inspiration here :P)
7) What is that one thing that doesn't let you sleep:
8) Three awesome things about yourself: (Ideally I'd say, three awesome things about me, but I know I'll be pushing it too far)
9) Your biggest inspiration in life:
10) If I gave you a million dollars, what would you do with it:
11) Finally, do you want to be another person, for a single day? Then, who would that be:

(Now I know, why I will never be an examiner, ever)

Peace out :)

No comments: