Sunday, January 13, 2013

2012 Round Up Post


I missed out on the customary or rather boring and uninteresting 2012 round up post. I dint miss it intentionally though, it just happened. And when I was looking out for different ideas, I came across this tag. 
It has a question and answer format, which in my opinion sums up the entire year. 
Here we go =D

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Quit my job with no back up plans and slightly let go of the control freak in me.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next?
I have finally decided that I don't believe in resolutions any more. So, I see no point talking about it.
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
A date in November, that was the biggest move of the year.
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding my feet and realising the value of people.
5. What was your biggest failure?
There is no such thing as failure unless you let it affect you. I call them stepping stones.
6. Did you suffer illness?
Yup, you should go back to the archives and read about how I survived stomach infection. And a month ago, I hurt my left hand.
7. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Appalled – a lot of them. Depressed - nobody.
8. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes, shoes, bills and then engagement shopping.
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
So many things! Cooking,  meeting people, shopping and surprises. Sometimes, all I need is a bar of chocolate.
10. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Gangnam Style! =D Idea's you are my honey bunny as well. ( I still haven't gotten over it)
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Definitely much happier
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Watched more movies, read more books and prayed a little more.
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Cribbing and being cranky in general.
14. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Every single day. Ok, most of the days.
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing in particular.
16. What did you want and get?
A Platinum ring.(I had a mild heart attack when I swiped the card for a measly 50k)
17. What did you want and not get?
Silky shiny hair and flat abs. Looks like we aren't meant to be or maybe I dint work enough hard.
18. What was your favourite film of this year?
I don't have a favourite movie, but the movie I hated the most is - Neethane en ponvasantham.
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Got dressed, went to work, slogged my ass off and that's all. Ate out. 25.
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A better work environment would have made life much easier to deal with. I would have spared a lot of people with less drama and tears. 
21. What kept you sane?
Sleep, chocolates and food.
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
You don't have to get to the end of every damn thing, and not everything in your life needs to work the way you've planned it in your head. People may not live up to your expectations. Finally, the best thing to do when  you are upset is to let go.
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012?
Marriage halls across the city.
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
I really can't think of any right now.
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from.
Please take this up if you feel like it!
PS: I'm only 13days late :P It's never too late than never no?

3 comments:

satmuse said...

Looks like you really let the control freak go. There were a couple of typos and it is perfectly alright because the skies are really not going to come crashing on our heads. Have a wonderful 2013.

Sandhya Iyer said...

Satmuse: Happy 2013 to you!
Thanks for the heads-up! The control freak got them as well :P

Not to self: be a little more careful =D

mkris said...

Amazing post :-) NIce to start the new year with :-) Your honesty is so inspiring :)